OASIS Scheduling Software
Health science and professional schools use OASIS for web-based scheduling and as a central hub for collecting information from and dispersing information to students and faculty. Standard features include academic history, course requirements, grades (including a GradeBook and GPAs), notices, and surveys. Additional modules offer evaluation and calendaring capabilities. OASIS can be configured to share information with data management systems used by other areas of a school or university.
- Maintain entire system through the point-and-click administrative interface.
- Manage various levels of user access and control including Director, Course Administrator, Faculty, Student, Visiting Student, and Guest.
- Run and view real-time reports, such as missing grades and graduation requirements.
- Automate emails to students and departments based on certain scheduling events.
- Develop electronic checklists to facilitate sign-offs and approvals from multiple offices.
- Maintain complete access to course information and enrollment configuration.
- Conduct surveys.
- Facilitate creation of the dean's letter through centralized student information.
- Configure OASIS to share information with other school data systems.
LOTTERY AND SCHEDULING FEATURES
- Build, manage, and access a complete web-based course catalog.
- Allow department and course administrators to access and maintain their courses, including access to rosters, enrollment configuration, and more.
- Administer a full-featured course lottery that requires minimal attention once established.
- Offer and manage structured scheduling using the built-in "course grids" feature.
- Define and enforce academic requirements and course prerequisites.
- View detailed, up-to-the-minute course roster and add/drop reports.
- Configure multiple course locations and complex availability information.
- Adapt scheduling system for non-courses, such as CPR classes or pager sign-up.
- Control and manage student access via a number of settings.
- Provide students with online orientation and other materials, reducing the risk of important notices being lost in the mail or delivered to the wrong address.
- Actively involve students in the process of selecting and requesting courses and building their schedules via the web.
- Support student waiting lists when courses are full.
- Support visiting student registration and scheduling.
- Upload documents, such as transcripts, certifications, and letters of recommendation, to student profiles.
- Maintain access to comprehensive, permanent student records from time of admittance through graduation and post-graduate work.
- Collect and customize online evaluations of student performance, courses, and faculty.
- Automatically distribute standard evaluation forms.
- Create a “base evaluation” with common questions allowing for greater accuracy when data mining. Optionally, add questions tailored to course administrators’ own data collection needs.
- Use robust online analysis tools to view and analyze the evaluation data, or export data for analysis using other tools.
- Ability to require completed evaluations prior to releasing students’ final grades.
- Maintain full control over changing and customizing evaluations.
- Use automatic email notification to alert administrators of evaluation results requiring immediate investigation.
- Release evaluation results to students or faculty once specified criteria have been met.
- Create a fully searchable electronic calendar, giving students easy access to day-to-day activities common in preclinical courses.
- Assign levels of access and editing rights.
- Create templates for events sharing common elements.
- Form student groups to ease maintenance of event rosters.
- Add medical school-specific metadata to each event, including key concept, objectives, keywords, instructional method, learner assessment, and horizontal themes, to inform students what topics will be covered.
- Attach files for easy access to course materials, including ability to search file contents.
- Export the OASIS calendar to a desktop or portable devices, such as Palm Desktop, Apple's iCal, Outlook, and online calendars such as Google calendar and more.
- Can be integrated with some electronic room scheduling packages.