OASIS Scheduling Software
OASIS is a web-based course lottery, scheduling, and administration system designed for the unique needs of health science and professional schools. OASIS gives administrators, students, and faculty 24/7 access to student, course, and schedule information. Students become actively involved via the web in building and maintaining their lottery selections and schedules, completing course and faculty evaluations, and verifying their records and activities. Program and department administrators are able to configure and manage courses, distribute notices, and verify across departments if prerequisites and other requirements have been met. OASIS directors manage a scheduling process that becomes more efficient than ever before.
COURSE Lottery IN oasis
The OASIS course lottery system replaces first-come, first-served scheduling. Students have multiple days or weeks to build their lottery selections list. They prioritize their selections, putting the courses they are most interested in at the top of the list and those that they are less interested in - or can be flexible about start dates and locations - at the bottom of the list. When the lottery begins, the students are randomized and each student is given one course from his or her selections list. This process continues until all the selections have been attempted. Randomizing students each time a course is placed helps remove the first-come, first-served bias. While results vary, typically 80+% of the courses placed are the students' first choice and 90+% are the students' first or second choice.
- Once set up, the lottery runs with minimal attention needed from OASIS administrators.
- Students or administrators can adjust real-time lottery results through course add/drops.
- Lottery and registration capabilities are adaptable for non-courses, such as CPR classes or pager sign-up.
scheduling with OASIS
Course administrators can build and manage a complete web-based course catalog and offer structured scheduling using the built-in “course grids” feature. Features include the ability to:
- Configure multiple course locations and complex availability information.
- Define and enforce academic requirements and course prerequisites.
- View detailed, up-to-the-minute course roster and add/drop reports.
Schools use the Academic History module to create secure, “self-serve” access to data and documents for students and staff. Additional virtual student services include the ability to create online checklists, send notices, and conduct surveys. OASIS directors and administrators can:
- Upload documents, such as transcripts, to student history profiles.
- Maintain and access student records anytime during admittance, enrollment, or post-graduate work.
- Use student profiles to facilitate creation of the dean’s letter.
- Automate standard notifications.
- Provide online orientation materials to students, reducing the risk of notices being lost in the mail or delivered to an incorrect address.
- Develop online checklists, facilitating sign-offs from multiple offices or departments.
THE FUTURE OF OASIS
OASIS is being constantly expanded and modified to meet the varied and changing needs of our clients. We would enjoy showing you how OASIS can be integrated into your school and customized to your needs, so you too can enjoy the many benefits it has to offer.